Eligible Team Members
Team members must work 30 hours or more per week to meet the benefits eligibility requirement. If eligible, use the Enrollment Checklist to enroll within the first 30 days after your hire or acquisition date.
When Benefits Begin
- If you were hired directly by VillageMD, benefit coverage begins on the first day of the month after your hire date, with one exception: you become eligible for the 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan 90 days after your hire date. You will be auto-enrolled on the first day of the month after the 90 days, at a 3% contribution level.
- If you joined through an acquisition, benefit coverage begins on your first day as a VillageMD team member, with no waiting period to participate in the 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
- If you become eligible due to a status change, benefits are effective as of the date of the status change.
- Your legal spouse, civil union partner or domestic partner, regardless of sex or gender.
- Your child(ren) under age 26, or those age 26 and older who are permanently and totally disabled.
For purposes of plan eligibility, your child(ren) means:
- Your birth child;
- Your legally adopted child or a child placed with you for adoption;
- A child for whom a court has appointed you legal guardian;
- Your stepchild;
- Your foster child; or
- Your domestic/civil union partner’s birth child or legally adopted child.
To be eligible for coverage, all dependents other than newborns must have a valid Social Security number.
Eligible dependent children who are disabled must have been disabled and covered by the plan before reaching age 26. You must submit an application to the VillageMD Benefits Team before the dependent turns age 26 to determine if they meet the criteria under the plan. If your dependent reaches age 26 before your application is approved, any claims will be denied until a determination is made.
When a Dependent Is No Longer Eligible
If a dependent’s eligibility status changes and they no longer meet the definition of an eligible dependent, they must be removed from coverage. You must notify the VillageMD Benefits Team within 30 days by email at email@example.com, so that COBRA (if applicable) and/ or State Continuation coverage can be extended to the eligible dependent. Otherwise, your dependent may lose their right to COBRA (if applicable) and/or State Continuation coverage.
Is Your Medicare Eligibility Approaching?
If you and/or your dependents become eligible for Medicare now or during the coming year, please alert the Total Rewards team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can coordinate plans and help avoid a disruption in your coverage.